Amazon Picking Challenge
January 2013 – Present @ The MCube Lab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
I am a member of Team MIT for Amazon Picking Challenge. I am responsible for developing algorithms for picking and retrieving a desired object from a shelf while considering the constraints in the environment and uncertainty in the pose of the obejct.
- Team MIT stood 2nd in the Amazon Picking Challenge 2015 held at IEEE International Conference onRobotics and Automation (ICRA), Seattle,US and overall 3rd in the 2016 challenge held at Robocup 2016, Leipzig, Germany
CNC Mini Lathe Design
February 2013 – May 2013 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
As a part of 2.720 course at MIT, we designed and built a CNC mini lathe with precision of upto 50 microns.
- The machine generates G code file directly from SolidWorks model and 'turns' the model into reality.
Data-driven Optimization of Manipulation Actions
November 2013 – December 2013 @ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning course project at CMU.
- Used Gaussian process to optimize parameters for dynamic regrasp actions to maximize the probability of success
- Data from large number of regrasp trials with different parameters and classification as success or failure is used.
January 2013 – May 2013 @ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Mechatronic Design course project at CMU.
- Designied a fully autonomous robot which can carry shingles, follow marking on a roof, place shingles on their planed position and even nail them to the roof.
- The project involves application of Mechanical Design, Embedded Control and Path Planning skills
Automated Chemical Processing System
June 2012 – August 2012 @ Nisha Metal Industries, Kolhapur
It was a self-initiated project implemented at Nisha Metal Industries, Kolhapur.
- Automated a chemical post-processing of aluminum utensils.
- Variable speed roller-conveyor, separate stations for chemical washing, clean water washing and drying processes are made.
Design and Development of Patient Transfer Mechanism
January 2012 – June 2012 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Designed a movable fork lift like mechanism which slides into the corrugations of custom designed air mattress to lift a human off the bed
- Using this mechanism a single operator can carry and transfer a hospital patient to different places like Operation Theaters or to different bed.
Thermo-Mechanical characterisation of NiTi Shape Memory Alloys
June 2011 – August 2011 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Dynamic Mechanical Analysis and EBSD image analysis of NiTi alloys were performed.
- Simulation of material grain orientation flow under deformation was developed using MATLAB.
Canoe Handling Mechanism
January 2010 – May 2010 @ College Of Engineering Pune
Designed a mechanism for the boat club of my college to transfer a canoe from the storage room to the river bank.
- Designed mechanical linkages and structures with appropriate motors, power drives and transmission.
- Devised a sequential control system using ladder logic for a PLC to automate the canoe handling mechanism.