Amazon Robotics Challenge
January 2015 – July 2017 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
I am a member of Team MIT-Princeton for Amazon Robotics Challenge. I am responsible for developing algorithms for picking and retrieving a desired object from a shelf while considering the constraints in the environment and uncertainty in the pose of the obejct.
- Team MIT won the stowing task in 2017, stood 3rd in the 2016 and 2nd in 2015.
CNC Mini Lathe Design
February 2015 – May 2015 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
As a part of 2.720 course at MIT, we designed and built a CNC mini lathe with precision of upto 50 microns.
- The machine generates G code file directly from SolidWorks model and 'turns' the model into reality.
Data-driven Optimization of Manipulation Actions
November 2013 – December 2013 @ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning course project at CMU.
- Used Gaussian process to optimize parameters for dynamic regrasp actions to maximize the probability of success
- Data from large number of regrasp trials with different parameters and classification as success or failure is used.
January 2013 – May 2013 @ Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
Mechatronic Design course project at CMU.
- Developed an autonomous robot which can carry shingles, follow marking on a roof, place shingles on their planed position and even nail them to the roof.
- The project involves application of Mechanical Design, Embedded Control and Path Planning skills
Automated Chemical Processing System
June 2012 – August 2012 @ Nisha Metal Industries, Kolhapur
- Automated a chemical post-processing of aluminum utensils.
- Variable speed roller-conveyor, separate stations for chemical washing, clean water washing and drying processes are made.
Design and Development of Patient Transfer Mechanism
January 2012 – June 2012 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Designed a movable fork lift like mechanism which slides into the corrugations of custom designed air mattress to lift a human off the bed
- Using this mechanism a single operator can carry and transfer a hospital patient to different places like Operation Theaters or to different bed.
Thermo-Mechanical characterisation of NiTi Shape Memory Alloys
June 2011 – August 2011 @ Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Dynamic Mechanical Analysis and EBSD image analysis of NiTi alloys were performed.
- Simulation of material grain orientation flow under deformation was developed using MATLAB.
Canoe Handling Mechanism
January 2010 – May 2010 @ College Of Engineering Pune
Designed a mechanism for the boat club of my college to transfer a canoe from the storage room to the river bank.
- Designed mechanical linkages and structures with appropriate motors, power drives and transmission.
- Devised a sequential control system using ladder logic for a PLC to automate the canoe handling mechanism.